Friday, May 6, 2011

Why I hate this title...

Why is that a stupid title? Why would I pick it if I don't like it? Why I really need to think of something better. Why I hope you get what I'm doing here. Why do I even care? Why I hope your still reading.

So here's the deal I cook, but that doesn't make me a chef. I know where the first aid kit is, but I don't call myself Dr. Hollywood Hippie. I blog, but that doesn't make me a writer.

For the record, it doesn't make YOU a writer either.

But I'm not here to write about you, that would be silly and a waste of my time.

The point I am trying to make is that, yes I have Internet. Yes I figured out how to type 65+ words per minute, thank you 8th grade computer class. But Internet and typing skills does not a writer make. Neither does knowing the proper way to use whom (which I don't).

Whomever, my point is I don't like reading other people's blogs. I LOVE that you like reading mine, or at least you clicked on it by mistake in hops of finding something else and are now just waiting for your browser to refr...

You're still here, good.

Thank you.

The point is, why does everyone who writes a blog (of course I don't mean EVERYONE, so calm down) why do the majority of blogs, sports related or otherwise, have such wussy titles? If you have the balls to sit down, type out, and hopefully spell check, your inner thoughts and send them out into the world, nut up and don't be so passive!

Don't tell me, "why i think the Yankees will win..." Tell me, "The Yankees are going to win." If you are a "writer" then write and do it with authority and confidence behind your ideas. Don't worry that some other douchey person is going to leave some blow hard comment...be a man and suspend your comments. Or just let Mr. Douche leave his comment and move on with your day of tweeting and status updating. But if I'm going to take the time out of my own self involved day to read your thoughts, I want to KNOW you believe in them.

Thank you.

And that's why I think you should keep reading my blog.

;)

~ML

No comments:

Post a Comment